6 Tips To Keep Your Kids Healthy
Here are 6 simple guidelines to help your kids stay healthy all year long:
The Rainbow Diet – Daily servings of colourful fruits and vegetables
Make sure they eat fresh fruits and vegetables. They contain helpful antioxidants that the body needs to fight off bugs. Try avoiding mucus-forming foods such as dairy products, oats, white flour and bananas. Reduce the intake of refined sugar as it can suppress the effectiveness of the immune system.
Sleep is necessary to keep immune systems strong and getting the kids to bed on time is good for you too! Young children need at least 10 hours of sleep every night.
Make sure your children know to keep their hands away from their face: In most cases, the flu virus enters the body through the eyes, nose or mouth! Teach your child how to wash their hands properly.Tell them to count to 20 or sing the song “Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star” while washing their hands with soap and water.Get them to wash their hands:
- Before and after eating
- After being in a public place: the classroom, a friend’s house
- After using the washroom
- After coughing and sneezing
- After touching surfaces that may have been contaminated.
- Let your children play outside whenever possible
- Fresh air and exercise strengthens lungs and muscles
- Exposure to bacteria in soil keeps the immune system healthy
- Children sleep better after being active
- Exposure to sunlight increases important Vitamin D production
Make sure they drink enough water
Drinking more water enables your immune system to function better and fight off bacteria and viruses.
- 4-8 years old : 1L (approx. 5 glasses)
- 9-12 years old: 1.5L (approx. 7 glasses)
- 13 years old and more: 2L (approx. 8-10 glasses)Water rich foods (such as fruits and vegetables) can help supply the body’s water needs too.
To give your child’s immune system a bit of extra support, consider Echinaforce®Junior – a clinically proven safe and effective cold and flu prevention and treatment remedy for children ages 2+
While Echinacea has been known and used for centuries to prevent colds and flu, a recent study presented in May 2018 at the University Hospital in Zurich, has proven Echinaforce® Junior tablets, which contain an extract from fresh Echinacea purpurea, can successfully prevent respiratory tract infections and related complications (such as sinusitis, bronchitis, and pneumonia).This new research shows that Echinaforce® Junior reduces symptoms, duration and complication risk by 64% and cuts the need for antibiotics by 73%!Earlier research in 2012, on the same type of Echinacea, proved that it was safe to take up to four months and that if taken preventively, it can strengthen your little ones’ immune systems and help avert colds or flu by over 50%.
Not all Echinaceas are the same
The difference between Echinaforce®, an extract of Echinacea purpurea aerial parts and roots, and other Echinacea products is both the research that has been done on it and the fact that it is made from fresh whole plants (never dried!) therefore providing your little ones with more of the active ingredients to benefit them all year long.
Active substances of Echinaforce® potently modulate the activity of the immune system, relieve pain, reduce inflammation, and have antiviral and antioxidant effects.
When compiling your school supply shopping list this year, be sure to include Echinaforce® Junior so you can send them back to school prepared for class… and its germs.
- Clinically shown to help prevent and relieve the symptoms of upper respiratory tract infections (common cold and flu) and shorten their duration.
- Support the immune system, especially in times of stress and lack of sleep.
- 100% natural and clinically proven
- Made from fresh, organic, GMO free plants
- Doesn’t cause drowsiness
- Gluten free, lactose free, no added colours
- Sugar free, tooth friendly
- Great natural orange flavour!
1. Bächler A, Feldhaus S, Lang G, Klein P, Suter A, Schoop R. Dose-dependency of Echinacea in the treatment of acute common colds in children 4 – 12 years. Sociéte Suisse de Pédiatrie (SSP, Poster), 24th May, Lausanne, Switzerland.
2. Ogal M, Klein P, Schoop R. Echinacea for the Prevention of Respiratory Tract Infections in Children 4 – 12 years: A Randomized, Blind and Controlled Study. Sociéte Suisse de Pédiatrie (SSP, Poster), 24th May, Lausanne, Switzerland.
3. Safety and Efficacy Profile of Echinaforce® for long-term prevention of colds and flu Jawad M1), Klein P2), Eccles R1) Common Cold Centre and Healthcare, Cardiff University, United Kingdom